Today, we’ve released an update to the TextBundle format. It includes the following changes:
- There is a new compressed variant of the file format:
- It specifies how to derive custom file formats
- TextBundle can now contain other plain text formats beyond Markdown (e.g. Fountain)
- Support for arbitrary path extensions on the referenced text file - e.g.
- It stores the URL of the source file to improve returning to the originating app
Until the standard has been adopted, we also provide an example file for the TextBundle format version 1.